CUSTOMIZE THE PROGRAM TO FIT YOUR STUDIO
WE RECOGNIZE THAT ALL STUDIOS HAVE DIFFERENT FOCUSES. THIS PROGRAM CAN BE CUSTOMIZED TO FIT ALL NEEDS. YOUR AWARDS CAN BE STRUCTURED IN DIFFERENT WAYS.
- THEATER PERFORMANCE: Present your awards in a theater. Give your students another opportunity to perform on stage in small groups and solo dances.
- IN-STUDIO PERFORMANCE: Arrange a more informal setting where your students have an opportunity to perform in front of an audience.
- CLOSED STUDIO EXAMINATION SETTING: This is an opportunity for students to perform for a judge with just the teacher present.
- PRESENTATION OF CERTIFICATES AND MEDALS: Typically these are awarded at the end of the session; however, some studios prefer to hand these out at a later date — for example, at the end of year performance.
- MASTERCLASSES: Schedule a masterclass with the adjudicator at the end of the event.
- FEEDBACK: Should you wish for feedback from the adjudicator, please check the box on the entry form.
- GRADING OPTIONS FOR IDA
All students receive a medal and certificate celebrating their performance.
The program may be presented as either an assessment or an evaluation. Both options are designed to achieve technical and artistic improvement, as well as foster a love of dance.
- Assessments measure a performance or skill in order to provide directives to the teacher for improving future performance, document strengths and encourage growth. Assessments are nonjudgmental and are structured to help produce improvement.
- Evaluations focus on judging the technical and artistic qualities of the student’s performance, documenting the level of attained achievement.
The Evaluation Grades are:
Pass; Merit; Highly Commended; Honors; Elite Honors
CUSTOMIZATION IS THE KEY
Our goal is to provide the most positive experience for you and your students. We will work with you to find the format that best suits your studio’s needs.
2014, was our first year with IDA.
We did: Tiers A, B, C, D, F, G, H, J, K and P.
First as an “assessment” session in our studio in March, then as an “evaluation” in a theater in August.Elizabeth Banke